this winddog soothes my soul
Gecko Tea Party - 2011
I had this idea way back in 2007 and later in 2011 I decided to revisit it with much better equipment and props.
This photo set features two female crested geckos (C. ciliatus), Lumina (left) and Sakura (right). I went the extra mile and actually made them some organic lavender tisane (herbal tea) sweetened with orange blossom honey. Because details man, details.
Shamefully I realized today I never uploaded these to Tumblr so here’s the set. I have an even better camera now, so when I can afford a macro lens, I’d like to redo this shoot yet again.
yappy tapptye tee pastrey! “today, a donut, tomorro, the CRULLER, and tonight… the world!!!” 10/10 two gummy gunnoeurs have the cutest plan OF DOMINATIN!!!
The tiny velvet clay sculptures of Evgeny Hontor [x]
why sculptors whyOh my fucking god, I Could have one Thing for my birthday it would be this!
The Boxtrolls (2014) | Behind the Scenes
via Animation Magazine:
- 1 week; the average amount of time for an animator to complete 3.7 seconds of footage
- 3.5 inches, the cuff-to-cuff measurement of baby Eggs’ sweater (created on an embroidery machine to produce irregular lines, like a hand-knitted garment). His little socks are only ⅝” long
- 4 scenes per week was the goal for each animator
- 14 different fabrics were used in Lord Portley-Rind’s white hat
- 24 kinds of weeds were created for backgrounds by the greens department
- 55 different sculpts of prop cheeses were made; different scale sizes were needed for wide, medium and close shots
The 7th image… oh man..how do they animate water so that the wave lights animate alongside the character animation?? Is that some 3D printed water right there that they switch out over and over??? A light projection thru glass? Dying to know how it works. Everything about how Laika makes movies is real actual magic
‘MAKES 12 CUPCAKES’ IT SAIDHA
you’re the person in my maths book arent you
We had an intense game of fetch today.
He was huffing and puffing and I had to take a photo!
Tale of Two Towns: Bachelorettes (Normal→Happy→Sad→Angry→Confused→Blushing)
Tale of Two Towns: Bachelors (Normal→Happy→Sad→Angry→Confused→Blushing)